- This event has passed.
Wharf to Wharf Swim
September 15 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$100
SAVE THE DATE – SEPTEMBER 15TH AT 1:00 P.M.
(Registration begins at Noon.)
Appr. 1 mile out and back course in open water on the East River.
Registration forms available at www.mathewslandconservancy.org
- Swimmers must raise $100 in tax deductible sponsorship funds for the Mathews Land Conservancy projects and facility at Williams Wharf. Checks can be made out to the MLC.
- ALL AGES AND ABILITIES WELCOME!! Spectators encouraged!
- Music and refreshments (food/cash bar) at the Riverfront Pavilion & Viewing Tower
- Swimmers start in waves: 1st Wave for Non-Assisted Swimmers (medals awarded); 2nd wave for Assisted Swimmers (swim aids permitted); Time recorded for all.
- PRIZES awarded to top fundraisers!
- AWARDS CEREMONY at 2:30 p.m.
- Provided swim caps MUST be worn during the swim.
- Conditions are typically ideal with water/air temps in the 70’s and minimal jellyfish.
SHOUT OUT TO CHRISTINE JOHNSON OF THE VIRGINIA TIDEWATER TRAIL RUNNERS FOR PROVIDING TIMING!