Scroll down for Week 1’s History Trivia Answers – April 2nd
From April 1 to April 30, MCVIC will be posting daily stories on social media for you to engage with while you are stuck quarantined at home! Please see the blog links posted for each day’s theme. These blogs will have posted the consecutive answers, and information/results from the activities.
- Monday Motivation – Walks, Exercise, Outdoors
- Tidewater Challenge – Your Favorite Middle Peninsula businesses
- Workforce Wednesdays – Business spotlights & entrepreneurs
- Trivia Thursdays
- Feedback Fridays – Review your favorite local business by category
- Silver-lining Saturdays (A Series) – Positive stories and actions by community members during COVID-19
- Grateful for Sundays – What are you grateful for?
April 2nd History Trivia Answers
Answer 1: Mathews was founded in 1791
Answer 2: 45 Festivals, 2020 will be 46!
Answer 3: Thomas James Store was built around 1820.
Answer 4: Lord Dunmore defeated at the Battle of Cricket Hill
Answer 5: 1/3 of Virginia Ships Built in Mathews from 1790-1820
Answer 6: Christ Church is where Capt. Sally Tompkins is buried
Answer 7: New Point Comfort was the 4th Bay Lighthouse built
Answer 8: The Piankatank River surrounds North Mathews
Answer 9: The restored Rosenwald School in Mathews: Antioch School or L.W. Wales Center
Answer 10: Cecil Sibley operated the Sibley’s General Store
BONUS: East River