Starting in June, MCVIC will be re-open to the public starting Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. The museum will remain closed at this time. Please feel comfortable to visit us during your visit to Mathews to pick up information about the area and browse our Made in Mathews gift shop for a locally made keepsake to bring home with you.
Please know, that you are required to wear face masks at this time in any Virginia business brick and mortar establishment. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, you do not need to wear one, and we will assume that is the case and not be confronting patrons. For the safety of our volunteers, we ask that you try your best to practice social distancing regardless.
Safety Protocols – Preparing for Re-opening
- Increased Public Health Signage
- Social Distancing Practices
- Gift Shop Signage – “Please refrain from touching items in the store unless you would like to purchase them. Thank you.”
- Hand Sanitizer for our Volunteers and Guests
- Limited Occupancy
- We are utilizing Eco Lab Cleaning Supplies for High-Touch surfaces, using a disinfectant ingredients approved by CDC to kill COVID-19
- Hand sanitizers for Volunteers
- Volunteer designated hand-washing station
Curbside ordering can be done over the phone – call in to MCVIC to reserve inventory and pay over the phone with director. Orders and pick up can be done during operating hours only. 804-725-4229
Cleaning and Volunteer Protocols
- Our volunteers will be wearing face masks when volunteering and taking their temperatures before their shift
- All maps and brochures will be behind the counter and passed to customers when requested
- The front desk, bathroom, kitchen and high-touch surfaces will be sanitized every 2 hours.
- We will be practicing a no to low touch sales transaction. We ask for our patience and cooperation during this time as we will ask you to bag your own items!