- This waterfront home sleeps 8 guests and sits on beautiful Put-In Creek, just 1 mile from downtown Mathews. The light-filled house has stunning water views and beautiful living spaces that are perfect for family gatherings. Enjoy days on the water swimming, paddling, boating or watching wildlife or in Mathews exploring shops, restaurants, and farmers markets. Spend the evenings sitting around a bonfire, playing ping pong or darts on the screened-in porch, or playing croquet and bocce.
- Guests will enjoy the spacious 3,400 sq. ft. home that has two distinct living spaces each with kitchens and bedrooms that can comfortably accommodate two families. The home has easy access to the water and pier, which are mere footsteps from the house. The spacious pier includes a floating dock where you can fish, catch crabs, swim, or tie up your own boat. There is a public boat launch just minutes away. Outdoor amenities include a fire pit, gas grill, two patios, picnic tables, ample outdoor seating, and an outdoor shower (with hot and cold water). A screened-in porch provides additional entertainment space with a ping pong table and dart board. The yard has ample space for outdoor activities (croquet and bocce). The town of Mathews is 1 mile away from this private riverside getaway and has restaurants, a farmer’s market, fresh seafood, groceries, and boutiques. Plenty of parking is available to guests.
- The town of Mathews is 1 mile from the house and is accessible by walking, biking, car.
- There is a public boat launch on Put In Creek where our house is located . The boat launch, Town Point Landing, is .7 miles from the house by car and .5 mile downstream from our pier. We have a floating dock where you can moor a boat with a MLW of 4ft. There is also ample space in the driveway for cars and a boat trailer.
- By Boat from the house/pier:
East River: 5 minutes
Mobjack Bay: 10 minutes (25 mph run)
New Point Lighthouse/Beach (25 minutes with light chop)
Cape Charles VA (45 minutes with light chop)
York Spit (40 minutes with light chop) ●