From the Owner
We finally got to make Mathews our forever home during the pandemic. We fell in love with the
property and are so thrilled to be able to share it with guests during certain times of the year.
Here’s some of the farms highlights:
- This beautiful, tranquil estate is nestled in Virginias famed middle peninsula.
- ½ mile wooded drive opens into beautiful lawn and paddocks overlooking our private cove.
- Sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking from the farm. A truly hidden gem just 3 hours from DC,
- 1 hour from Richmond, Newport News and Norfolk. A perfect spot to renew and recharge. Or,
for history buffs we are right on the doorstep of the historic triangle of Williamsburg, Yorktown
- Our community has many artisans creating the very best from furniture to soap and everything
in-between. The charming village centers of Mathews and Gloucester are a short 10 minutes
from the farm- offering the absolute best in Virginias farm to fork movement.
- The house has a large open kitchen, river room, powder room, 1st floor laundry off the kitchen
and a large master suite with private entrance.
- Upstairs are two large family bedrooms both with en-suite bathrooms and a communal
relaxation space loft complete with pull out sofa, library and games.
We have reliable, high speed internet (a rarity on the peninsula) making work from home easy
- The saltwater pool is open seasonally April – October. It overlooks the cove and has its own pool
house and outdoor shower.
- Kayaks and bikes and outdoor games are all available for you to use while on the property.
Our dock can accommodate small motorboats. We have a marina less than a 1/2 mile from the
property if you bring your own boat (*please see water activities in our farm guide for more
- Our carriage house (adjacent to the main house) has a full studio apartment – a quiet retreat or
ideal for privacy when working (can be rented for an additional fee).
- Dogs are an additional $100 per dog, per stay. Additional pet information can be found in the
- There are several lovely gathering spots set up for guests around the farm to enjoy the views
from every angle, blankets and firewood for your comfort are complimentary.
- Towels included. Linens upon request