- This event has passed.
Mathews Farmers Market
September 19, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until November 1, 2020
The Mathews Farmers Market, sponsored by the Mathews Main Street Committee, has been in existence for about 30 years. Located on Court Street on the Historic Courthouse Green in Mathews County, Virginia, the market is open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Saturday from April through October.
Food, flowers, and gifts galore! Our vendors feature a variety of fresh vegetables, along with homemade bread and bakery goods, eggs, and meat. In addition, our vendors offer plants, flowers (potted and bouquets), handmade crafts, clothing, and jewelry. You are also likely to find handmade ceramics, soaps, yarns, and various types of artwork.
Bring the entire family (including pets) for all to enjoy the pleasant social atmosphere. We also encourage everyone to check out the surrounding shops and restaurants in downtown Mathews, all within easy walking distance of the market.
COVID-19 Vendor and Customer Guidelines:
- Vendors are required to wear a mask.
- Vendors will be spaced 6-ft apart.
- Vendors’ booths will be set up to prevent touching of multiple surfaces by customers.
- Vendors will have hand sanitizer and cleaning products to meet all enhanced cleaning guidelines.
- Face masks are recommended for all visitors to the market.
- Customers enter the market at the corner of Church and Court Streets by the monument.
- Customers abide by the 6-ft distancing guidelines and ask visitors not to assemble in groups in front of vendor booths or walkways.
- Keep children with you at all times.